Mini Bolt Action Pen by BIG IDEA DESIGN

big idea design pen

I had the idea that the refill was only accessible by the clip part, using the screwdriver provided, but no, it is possible to easily unscrew the tip for a quick change. It's just a pity not to come with at least one extra refill. The pen’s amazing, has a great weight to it, & it already has a nice patina to it. I find myself fidgeting with it and just holding it a lot too. Not only that, I can use different brands of refills. It’s a great pen, has a lifetime warranty and excellent customer service.

Ti Pocket Pro : The Auto Adjusting EDC Pen

Everything you loved about our Bolt Action Pen, now comes in a slim body profile! These pens are designed to let you have full control over your writing experience. They are internally adjustable to adapt to different shapes and sizes of refills, and a front tip collet to minimize tip wiggle when writing.

Bolt Action Pen

I thought it was 2 separate mechanisms. Although I highly recommend the ti click edc, I would not suggest buying the dual click because of the mechanical issue that may or may not be unique to my unit. The refills listed below have been tested, are easy to find, and are extremely affordable. We are still ordering and finding more and more refills that work perfectly with our pen. The list is being updated as we find more that fit.

Bolt Action

For more details on shipping to Non US countries, please click here. I had the Ti click edc for a while now without any major issue. I lost that pen and so I decided to buy the dual click pen because I like fidget friendly mechanics. This is the last pen I will ever have to buy. It is built rock solid, almost any refill will fit and as parts wear out, the pen comes with extra parts. I love this pen….wish I had found it sooner.

The best iPad for drawing - Creative Bloq

The best iPad for drawing.

Posted: Tue, 06 Feb 2024 08:00:00 GMT [source]

If you ever need anything, we'll be happy to help. The one disappointment is that the tines were misaligned out of the box. It was a quick and easy fix, and once aligned, the nib has been wonderful — good flow, easy starts, a little bit of bounce, and smooth with very slight feedback. The tipping is also nicely symmetrical and well-shaped. The nib is essentially the size of a Kaweco Sport‘s.

Yoshitomo Nara: What Lies Behind Insouciance and Appearances - Pen Online

Yoshitomo Nara: What Lies Behind Insouciance and Appearances.

Posted: Tue, 05 Jan 2021 08:00:00 GMT [source]

The Spoke Design has the best nib (Jowo — smooth and perfect out of the box), but like the Schon, it’s a twist cap and has no clip. I really like the Spoke Design pen for its unique look and feel, but the Fountain EDC, with its clip and snap cap, is more practical. If you are looking for a pocket pen to be used for extended writing, the Spoke Design Axle S is wonderful. If you want a pen for both quick notes and longer writing sessions, I think the Big Idea Fountain EDC wins. Got my Fountain EDC yesterday and I’m quite impressed (feel like I may have found my holy grail for a sturdy, compact pen).

big idea design pen

The body of the Ti Pocket Pro seamlessly telescopes in length to accommodate different sized refills, while the auto-adjusting collet grip ensures a wiggle-free fit at the writing tip. Operation is as simple as unscrewing the body, popping in your favorite Parker or Rollerball style refill, and tightening it up. The only design issue with this pen is when the clip is adjusted to be on the right side of the bolt. When the bolt is engaged with this clip configuration, the clip gets in the way (still accessible, just not as convenient) of pushing the bolt back up to retract it. For people who want the clip on the right of the bolt, this may be a problem. With the clip on the right of the bolt, it gets in the way of that.

Compatible Pens / Refill List

This ridiculous $70 fidget toy is made in China, whereas my Fisher Space Pen Bullet was made in the US, cost $20, and is still going strong on the original cartridge 3 years after I first bought it. Don’t waste your money on this worthless, yet expensive clicky toy. The perfect pen for EDC, perfect size to bring with you daily, good quality material, and smooth writing.

big idea design pen

This creates a fully customizable pen that ticks all the boxes. I got the pocket pro pen in black and I love it. The size is perfect for EDC, it fits my hand perfectly, and the fit and finish is amazing. I also have the stonewashed bolt action pen which I love also. I’ve had Kaweco Al Sports, a Schon Pocket 6 (early model with Bock nib), and a Spoke Design Axle S. Of them all, this one checks the boxes the most.

Recently bought the normal size of Dual Side Click Pen and well, I was a little disappointed. I also noticed that the refill inside the pen is misaligned, it is possible to see on the tip of the pen that the refill is not aligned as it should be. Well, in my opinion, these are small details that escape the standard of quality, and for the price they practice, as a premium items, these defects should not exist. I hope Big Idea Design is not losing quality in their articles. The side click pens auto-adjust both in length and tip size to create a fully custom pen that ticks all the boxes on your list.

For all other international shipping, please click here. This website ships to United States only. With the exception of special editions and USA made offerings.

Yet despite raising it to over 3mm between tip and pen opening, it has continued to happen. Below are pictures of the leak and the point to which I retracted the refill on this final pocket leak compared to a g2. The first items I bought from Big Idea Design were tools, the Ti Screwdriver and the Ti Wrench. I liked a lot of them, the screwdriver in my opinion, with some improvements to do, but overall I liked them and they are articles with good quality. My first pen was the Mini Dual Side Click, again an article that I liked a lot, very resistant and good quality.

The dual click release section was fully loose and drifted to one side, almost fully out of its housing. When it's temporarily out of stock in our US warehouse, you can click the button below to order from our international warehouse. This website is our International website, we ship to Non USA countries only.

If you need to ship your order to the United States, please to goto our USA website.

I got the copper version and the patina is INSANE! Barely know it’s there and the pocket clip is amazing. I put up a video on my YouTube Channel, Richter Knives Episide #125 and showed all of my pens. World's first, dual side click and mini dual side click pens are designed to let you have full control over your writing experience. It's compact in size, perfect for everyday carry.

The size capped and unposted is similar to a Kaweco Sport, the size posted is similar to a Lamy 2000 posted. The capping mechanism is secure and the use of an o-ring means I can fix it if it ever wears out. So far, no burping when uncapping the pen. The excellent clip is held in by a flathead bolt, meaning no special tools needed if that ever needs adjustment. For me, the ergonomics are perfect, and it looks great.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 Easy Steps To Use Semi-Permanent Hair Color At Home

Cool What Color Eyeglasses For White Hair Ideas

The Best Dark Firefox Home Page 2022